- The Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, was appointed as the chairman of the “Stop Tuberculosis (TB) Partnership” Board.
- The Union Health Minister will serve a 3 year term beginning in July 2021 and will serve as the chairman of the Stop Tuberculosis (TB) Partnership Board.
- The Stop Tuberculosis Partnership was established in 2001.
- Its mission is to provide services to everyone who is susceptible to tuberculosis and to ensure that high-quality diagnosis, treatment and care is available to all who need it.
- Its partners include international and technical organizations, government programs, research and funding agencies, foundations, non-governmental organizations, civil society and community groups, and the private sector.
- Its secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Office for Project Services in Geneva, Switzerland.
896 total views