All India District Legal Services Authorities Meet
- All India District Legal Services Authorities Meet 2022 is the first ever national level meet of District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs).
- The District Legal Services Authorities deliberates on creation of an integrated procedure in order to bring homogeneity and synchronisation across DLSAs.
- First All India District Legal Services Authorities Meet was organized by National Legal Services Authority (NALSA).
- NALSA was established on November 9, 1995, in accordance with the authority of Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
- It was established with the objective of providing free legal services to eligible candidates as well as to organize Lok Adalats to resolve cases timely.
- The Chief Justice of India acts as the patron-in-chief of NALSA. On the other hand, the second senior-most Judge of the Supreme Court of India acts as the Executive-Chairman.
- Similar mechanism is followed at the state level, headed by Chief Justice of High Courts and district level, headed by Chief Judges of District courts.
- Its main objective is to reduce the burden of the judiciary through speedy disposal of cases.
- In India, there are 676 District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs). The District Judge acts as the Chairman of DLSAs.
- NALSA implements several legal aid and awareness programmes, through the DLSAs and State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs).
- DLSAs also help in lowering the burden on courts by regulating Lok Adalats conducted by NALSA.
Curated by- Jeffrey
936 total views