China must use diplomacy to settle border issues with India: US House panel.
India has said that its troops fully abide by the alignment of the Line of Actual Control in the India-China border. It is the Chinese side that has undertaken activity hindering India’s normal patrolling patterns.
Here’s what US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said
- The Communist Party of China (CPC) continues to hide and delay the global response to the coronavirus pandemic that began in Wuhan.
- Those are just two pieces of the behaviour of this regime of the Chinese Communist Party. The nature and the activity that they’re undertaking, the continued efforts to steal intellectual property, to advance in the South China Sea.
- These are the kinds of actions that authoritarian regimes take.
- They have a real impact not only on the Chinese people but also on people all around the world.
- The United States has a responsibility and the capability to push back against and ensure that the American people are properly served by a foreign policy that recognises the threats that emanate from China.
- The recent Chinese actions be it on the India border, or Hong Kong or the South China Sea, have been part of the Chinese behaviour in the recent past.