Skip to content
Pilibhit Tiger Reserve – Uttar Pradesh
- The carcass of a 5-year-old tiger was found in the Pilibhit Tiger Reserve of Uttar Pradesh.
- It is located in the Pilibhit and Shahjahanpur districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- It was notified as a Tiger Reserve in 2014.
- It has won the international award TX2 for doubling the number of tigers in the past 4 years by the year of 2020.
- It is part of the Terai Arc landscape in the upper Gangetic plain.
- The northern edge of the reserve is along the India and Nepal border, while the southern border is marked by the Khakra and Sharada rivers.
- There are more than 326 species of birds, 127 species of animals and 2100 species of flowering plants.
You May Also Like