Skip to content
The Opportunity Index 2021’ report
- It is a new report by LinkedIn.
- The survey, conducted in January, saw participation from more than 10,000 respondents across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
- 2,285 respondents in India were covered by it.
- 9 in 10 or 89 per cent of women were negatively impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
- More women in India have experienced the impact of gender on career development when compared to the APAC region.
- About 85%, or four in five working women in India believe they have missed out on a raise, promotion, or work offer because of their gender.
- This average stands at 60% for the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
- Challenges for women:
- Lack of time and discrimination for family care.
- Gender is a barrier when it comes to attaining opportunities.
- Workplace discrimination because of household responsibilities.
- Lack of guidance through networks.
You May Also Like