Arshad Warsi: A Fascinating Biography | Age, Height, Family, Education, Career, Net Worth & More… (2023)
|Real Name:||Arshad Warsi|
|Date of Birth:||19 April 1968, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Age (as of 2023):||55 years|
|Height (approx.):||5’6” Feet|
|Weight (approx.):||68 kg|
|Eye color:||Dark Brown|
|Profession:||Actor, Producer, Singer|
|Educational Qualification:||10th Passed Out|
Anwar Hussain (Stepbrother)
Asha Sachdev (Stepsister)
|Date of Marriage:||14 February 1999|
|Childrens:||Zeke (son) and Zene Zoe (daughter)|
|Hobbies:||Dancing, biking, cooking|
|Hometown:||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Arshad Warsi’s cinematic career spans nearly two decades. He is a superb actor who can seamlessly transition between roles of all shades. In the early 1990s, he rose to recognition as a phenomenally brilliant dancer, and his Bollywood debut came in 1996 with the love drama ‘Tere Mere Sapne’. Arshad has steadily progressed through the ranks since then, establishing himself as one of the most dynamic performers in the profession.
Arshad Warsi was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on April 19, 1968. He was born and raised in Mumbai. His surname is Khan, but his family changed it to Warsi after his father became a devotee of a spiritual man named Waris Pak. He attended Barnes School & Junior College in Devlali, Nashik district, Maharashtra. Arshad Warsi was chosen by thousands of other youngsters to be trained in gymnastics by two British guys when he was nine years old. He is also a nationally ranked-gymnast. During his high school years, he was also a member of a biker gang.
However, due to the financial crisis, Arshad Warsi was forced to drop out of school after his tenth grade. He then worked as a cosmetics salesperson and in a photo studio, aiding Mahesh Bhatt on the films ‘Kaash’ (1987) and ‘Thikana’ (1987). Later, Arshad became a member of Akbar Sami’s dancing troupe and won the “Indian Dance Competition” in 1991. He decided to become a choreographer and founded his dance academy, ‘Awesome.’
Arshad Warsi grew up in a Muslim family. Ahmed Ali Khan, his late father, was a musician, singer, and poet. He has a singer stepbrother, Anwar Hussain, and two actress stepsisters, Reshma and Asha Sachdev. Arshad’s father died of bone cancer when he was 18 years old, and his mother died of kidney failure two years later.
Wife & Children:
Arshad Warsi met Maria Goretti during the ‘Malhar Festival’, where he was a judge and she was a participant. Arshad, impressed by Maria’s dance, invited her to join his dance group, and the two couples quickly fell in love. On February 14, 1999, they got married. His wife is a blogger and a former VJ. The couple has a boy named Zeke and a daughter named Zene Zoe.
Arshad Warsi started working as a cosmetic product salesman when he was 17 years old. He afterward began working in a picture lab. Arshad was so enthusiastic about dancing that he was invited to join Akbar Sami’s Dance Group, where he began his dance and choreography career.
Arshad Warsi was the best dancer in the Indian Dance Competition in 1991. Later, Arshad aspired to be a choreographer and opened the “Awesome” dance studio. He also danced to the song ‘Aag Se Khelenge’.
Later, Arshad received an offer from Jaya Bachchan to play a role in Amitabh Bachchan’s production company’s film (Tere Mere Sapne).
Arshad Warsi has also appeared in ‘Mere Do Anmol Ratan’, ‘Betabi’, and ‘Hero Hindustan’. Arshad co-hosted a dance show called ‘Razzmatazz’ on Zee Tv in 2001.
Arshad Warsi appeared in the blockbuster comedy film ‘Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.’ as Circuit to Munna Bhai (Sanjay Dutt). This film was a box office smash and received numerous awards when it was released on December 19, 2003. In 2004, he appeared in another comedy film, ‘Hulchul,’ and in 2005, he appeared in ‘Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye,’ opposite Mahima Chaudry, as an airport manager.
Arshad Warsi also appeared in the TV series ‘Karishma – The Miracles Of Destiny alongside Karishma Kapoor. Arshad Warsi hosted the popular award show ‘Sabse Favorite Kaun’ for Star Gold. He also hosted the Sony Entertainment reality show ‘Big Brother’. ‘Golmaal: Fun Unlimited’, ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’, ‘Golmaal 3’, ‘Jolly LLB’, and ‘Double Dhamaal’ are some of his other films.
Arshad Warsi did a web series called ‘Asur’ in 2020. The story revolves around a squad of forensic scientists tasked with apprehending a serial killer who believes he is a reincarnation of the asura Kali. Arshad Warsi and Barun Sobti star, together with Anupriya Goenka, Ridhi Dogra, and Amey Wagh.
Arshad Warsi commented on a soft drink advertisement in 2001, saying, “How pakao is Katrina in the Slice ad, Kairi pakadti hai aur vo aam ban jata hai… Angoor do tho shayad Wine banjayegi” became widely circulated in the media and proved to be a contentious remark. “My comment has nothing to do with Katrina,” Arshad later said. It’s just a witty observation from the ad’s creators. It’s known as a sense of humor.”
During the filming of “Kabul Express” in Afghanistan in 2006, Arshad Warsi, his co-star John Abraham, and other crew members received death threats from the Taliban. Nonetheless, the Afghan government gave them with 60 armed commandos for security during their shoot in Afghanistan.
In 2016, Arshad Warsi received death threats via phone calls, SMS, and letters stating that his “body parts will be cut off” and he will be “burned alive” over his role in the film “The Legend of Michael Mishra” in the dialogue “Daaku Valmiki se Sant Valmiki ban Jayenge.” Arshad, on the other hand, explained himself via Twitter.
Arshad charges between 2 and 3 crores for every film. His net worth is estimated to be about Rs. 269 crore ($40 million).
Assets & Properties:
Arshad’s automotive collection includes an Audi Q7 and a Volkswagen Beetle Harley Davidson, as well as a Ducati Monster 797 Dark Edition. He lives at Shooting Star Films Pvt. Ltd. A-605/606 Morya House, Off. New Link Road, Oshiwara, Andheri (West), Mumbai – 400053.
Awards & Accomplishment:-
- ‘Jolly LLB’ won the Apsara Film Producers Guild Award for Best Performance in a Comedy Role in 2014.
- ‘Jolly LLB’ won the IIFA Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role in 2014.
- ‘Jolly LLB’ won the BIG Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Film (Male) in 2013.
- ‘Ishqiya’ won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2011.
- ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ won the Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comedy Role in 2007.
- ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ won the IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor in 2007.
- ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ won the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role in 2007.
- In 2007, Arshad Warsi won the Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’.
- ‘Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.’ won the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role in 2004.
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Anchor—Game/Quiz Show for ‘Bigg Boss’, 2007.
- Arshad gave up smoking after receiving a card from his son asking him to do so. He had been a chain smoker for over 30 years.
- Arshad was dissatisfied with his performance in the 2004 film “Hulchul.”
- He loves animals.
- In the Hindi dubbing of the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean,” Arshad voiced Jack Sparrow, who was performed by Johnny Depp in English.
- Arshad Warsi tributes his Bollywood debut to Jaya Bachchan, who cast him in ‘Tere Mere Sapne’.
- His father was a harmonium player who served as an assistant music director to the legendary composer Ghulam Haider.
- He choreographed the title tune for the film ‘Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja’.
- In ‘Kaash’, he worked as Mahesh Bhatt’s associate director.