CarryMinati: Biography, Age, Height, Education, Family, Career, Relationship & more. (2023)
Carryminati , Carry
12 June 1999, Faridabad, Haryana
Age (as of 2023):
12th Passed out
Yash Nagar or Wily Frenzy (Brother)
“Om Nama Shivai” tattoo on his right arm
Ajey Nagar, popularly known as CarryMinati, is an Indian YouTuber and streamer from Faridabad, India. He is well-known on his channel “CarryMinati” for his roasting videos, comic sketches, and responses to a variety of online subjects. “CarryisLive” is his second channel, which is dedicated to games and live streams. He is India’s most subscribed non-corporate YouTuber and the first to reach 30 million subscribers.
Ajey Nagar (Carryminati) was born on June 12, 1999, in Faridabad, Haryana, India. His father’s name is Vivek Nagar, while his mother’s identity is yet to be revealed. Carryminati’s brother, Yash Nagar, is a record producer/DJ popularly known as “Wily Frenzy”.
Carry was concerned about his Economics exam during his 12th-grade examinations because he was not prepared for it. With his parent’s permission, Carry eventually dropped out of school, and after a year, he took his 12th board examinations via a distance education board. Carry was quite overweight at the beginning of his adolescence, which caused him significant health problems. So he joined a gym and, with certain food control practices, Carry was able to get rid of his excess body weight.
Carryminati attended Delhi Public School (DPS) Faridabad for his Primary and secondary education until 2016 before dropping out.
Carryminati made his first YouTube video when he was ten years old, in 2010. Carry began by uploading football and computer techniques and tutorial videos, but he did not acquire any recognition. Carry barely received 150-200 views on any of his videos. But he did not give up and gradually progressed to mimicking.
Carry restarted in 2014, launching his first Youtube channel under the name “Addicted A1,” which he thought was incredibly cool at the time. He, like any other teenager, was a gamer. And he posted gameplay videos with his reactions to them. Those videos received little attention due to a lack of expertise regarding content generation and interaction. Not only that, but he became bored.
Carry then launched the YouTube channel “CarryDeol” after deciding to move on to better content, uploading Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gaming and impersonating Sunny Deol’s voice. Even after that, he rarely got more than 2k-3k views. It fared significantly better than his previous videos. His content was unique, yet nonetheless related to gaming. Carry’s work was well received by the Counter-Strike community. He was also allowed to interact with the audience.
Carryminati rose to prominence after making a video mocking the youtube channel “BB ki vines” YouTuber (Bhuvan Bam). Within a week, his views had risen to the thousands. After then, Carry changed his channel’s name to CarryMinati. He utilized this channel to post roasting and reaction videos. After then, Carry amassed over 24.7 million subscribers in just 6 years.
One of the videos that helped Carry grow his channel was the one that was against the Swedish YouTuber “PewDiePie”. It was a diss track he composed against a PewDiePie video. And after the former YouTuber released a video mocking Indians and their bad English, CarryMinati responded with a video titled “BYE PEWDIEPIE.” Carry’s unconventional approach to patriotism is one of the numerous reasons for his success.
Carry launched an additional YouTube channel called “CarryIsLive” in early 2017, where he live-streams himself playing video games. On this channel, Carry has hosted live streams to raise donations for victims of Cyclone Fani in Odisha in 2019, and flooding in Assam and Bihar in 2020.
The “CarryisLive” channel was created to stream the game PUBG. However, the channel gradually began to focus on a wide range of games. Carry streams practically every day, from 9-10 pm till 11:30-12:30 pm IST. He occasionally grants chat shoutouts and accepts super-chat donations. This channel has been used for several activities. On July 25, 2020, around 3:20 a.m. IST, the channel was hacked.
In May 2020, Carryminati posted a heated YouTube video with the provocative title “YouTube Vs TikTok-The End” in reaction to a TikTok user named Amir Siddiqui. Amir Siddiqui’s Instagram post in which he blasted YouTube creators for insulting TikTok users. YouTube banned Carry’s video because to multiple allegations of harassment and cyberbullying, alleging violations of its terms of service. LGBTQ+ advocates had filed multiple complaints over the video’s abusive homophobic or transphobic content.
Carry’s net worth is believed to be around $3.8 million which is equivalent to 27 crores in Indian rupees. YouTube videos, brand endorsements, tie-up videos, and social media are his sources of income. Carry has three YouTube channels, but his Youtube channel “CarryisLive” earns roughly around $5,000 for every video on average, excluding brand-sponsored deals, for which she might charge up to $20,000. On Instagram, he might earn up to $10,000 for a brand-sponsored post.
2019 – Time’s 10 Next Generation Leaders.
Carry has grown tremendously throughout the years. The Times Magazine named him one of the top ten Next Generation Leaders. He now has buttons in silver, gold, and diamond for his channel.
2020 – Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia.
carry was named one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Asia’ in 2020. Furthermore, he continues to receive accolades for his dialogue delivery, content production, and distinctive Hindi accent. Carry’s YouTube family now has over 30 million subscribers, which is an unfathomable feat for many.
CarryMinati’s Channel Achievements:
- In 2016, he acquired a silver play button after reaching 100,000 subscribers.
- In 2017, the Golden Play Button was awarded.
- In 2020, the Diamond Play Button was awarded.
- CarryMinati breaks the record for the most subscribers gained on a YouTube channel in 24 hours on May 9, 2020, by gaining 1.4 million subscribers in 24 hours.
CarryMinati’s “YouTube Vs TikTok: The End” video records:
- The fastest Indian video to reach 1 million likes (2 hours)
- The fastest Indian video to reach 2 million likes (5 hours)
- The fastest Indian video to reach 3 million likes (9 hours)
- The fastest Indian video to reach 4 million likes (17 hours)
- The fastest Indian video to reach 5 million likes (22 hours)
- Most popular Indian video in 24 hours (5.3 million views)
- The second most-liked video in the world in 24 hours (5.3 million likes).
- 8th most viewed Indian video on YouTube in 24 hours (20M)
- Carry’s renowned intro “Toh Kaise Hain Aap Log?” translates to “So how are you guys?” and is one of the most popular YouTube intros in India.
- Yash Nagar, Carry’s brother, has produced the majority of Carry’s music videos, including Zindagi, Warrior, Yalgaar, and Vardaan.
- Carry Minate recently filmed a short film in which he was shown to be the CEO of the company.
- CarryMinati is the only Indian YouTuber to have met Hollywood Superstar Tom Cruise. He even uploaded a video to his YouTube channel about their meeting.
- CarryMinati once became so enraged while playing a game that he wrecked his PC on the live stream.
- Carry’s “YouTube vs. Tik-Tok” video was removed by YouTube USA and not by YouTube India. They have declared unequivocally that they will not allow their community guidelines to be violated. Within 6 days, the video had over 76 million views.