Karishma Tanna: A Fascinating Biography of the Talented Star – Age, Height, Family, Education, Career, and Net Worth… (2023)
Date of Birth:
21 December 1983, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Age (as of 2023):
Actress, Model, Host
Grishma Kadam (Younger sister)
Date of Marriage:
05 February 2022
Varun Bangera (Businessman)
Travelling, Reading and Gymming
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Karishma Tanna is an Indian artist and model who works primarily in the Hindi television and film industries. Karishma is well-known for her role in the TV series ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ and her participation in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss S8′. Karishma Tanna is one of the most successful and talented artists in the Indian television and film industries. Karishma Tanna is a hardworking performer who has established a significant identity and success in this profession in a relatively short period.
Karishma Tanna is an Indian film and television actress born on December 21, 1983. She comes from a Gujarati family and lives with her mother Jasmine Tanna, with whom she is so attached. Karishma’s father passed away in October 2012. After finishing her studies, Karishma pursued a career in modeling and acting, and she has been in the spotlight ever since. Karishma Tanna is known for her supporting parts in many Indian serials and films. She is most known for her part in the most-watched serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” which aired on Star Plus in 2001. It was her first serial that brought her fame.
Karishma Tanna graduated from Mumbai’s Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics.
Karishma Tanna married Varun Bangera, who is a businessman on 05 February 2022.
- In 2007, Bappa Lahiri, the son of musician Bappi Lahiri, and Karishma Tanna were rumored to be dating. They frequently appeared together at events. They continuously rejected the charges, though, preserving their reputation as great buddies.
- Karishma Tanna was rumored to be dating actor Hanif Hilal in 2012.
- Karishma Tanna appeared on ‘Bigg Boss’ Season 8 in 2014. When she joined the Bigg Boss house, she was rumored to be dating Mumbai restaurateur Rushabh Choksi.
- Karishma Tanna met actor Upen Patel after appearing in Bigg Boss 8 in 2014, and their on-screen romance grabbed headlines. Their smokey lip-lock inside the Bigg Boss house had skyrocketed the TRP, and fans began referring to them as UpMa. Upen and Karishma appeared on Nach Baliye 7, where he proposed to her on television.
- While Naagin 3 was in development, Karishma was rumored to be dating her co-star Pearl V Puri. During their five-year friendship, the two were said to have grown close and fallen in love while working together.
- Karishma and Varun initially met at a party a few years ago, according to rumors. They were introduced by a mutual friend. They became closer over time and eventually fell in love. The couple took their romance seriously from the start, and they took it to the next level by marrying on the auspicious day of Basant Panchami, February 5, 2022.
Karishma started her career at the age of 17 as a TV actress in the most popular daily soap ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ in 2001 in which she portrayed the role of ‘Indu’.
Karishma then appeared in several TV shows, including ‘Kahi To Milenge,’ ‘Manshaa,’ ‘Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand,’ ‘Kkoi Dil Mein Hai,’ ‘Shararat,’ ‘Kkusum,’ ‘Paalkhi,’ and many others. She tried her luck in Bollywood in 2005 with the film ‘Dosti: Friends Forever,’ which was a disappointment. After that, Karishma was either rejected for her height or for being a daily soap. She did not fare well in Bollywood. She returned to Hindi TV serials after her debut film and worked in several popular TV shows.
Karishma gave a special appearance as a dancer in the TV serials ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ and ‘Yeh Vaada Raha’.
Karishma has appeared on several reality series, including ‘Comedy Circus 1’, ‘Nach Baliye 3’ (Guest Contestant), ‘Kaho Na Yaar Hai’, ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’, ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’, ‘Comedy Circus Maha-Sangram’, ‘Bigg Boss 8’, and others.
Karishma has also presented reality shows such as ‘Kaante Ki Takkar’ and ‘MTV Love School – Season 1’ (together with Upen Patel). She was a judge on the show ‘BIG Memsaab’.
Karishma made her debut as a lead actress in the Kannada film ‘I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona’ in 2011, and Karishma went on to feature in a few Bollywood films, including ‘Grand Masti,’ ‘Golu Aur Pappu,’ and ‘Sanju,’.
List of Films:
Dosti: Friends Forever
I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona
Golu Aur Pappu
Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari
List of Television Series:
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Indira Gandhi/Indira Virani
Kahi To Milenge
Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand
Raat Hone Ko Hai
Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam
Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi
Jeanie Aur Juju
Bigg Boss 8
Bigg Boss Halla Bol
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9
Naagarjuna – Ek Yoddha
Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung
Naagrani Ruhi, Huzoor
Qayamat Ki Raat
Gauri/ Raajlakshmi/ Vaidehi
Khatron Ke Khiladi 10
List of Web series:
Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat
List of Music videos:
Karishma’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million as of 2023 which is around 40 crore in Indian rupees.
- ₹20 Lakh – ₹35 Lakh per movie
- ₹80K – ₹1 Lakh per episode for tv show
Indian Telly Awards
Best Actress in a Comic Role
Star Guild Awards
Best Actress in a Negative Role
Zee Gold Awards
Zee Gold Awards
Most Fit Actor (Female)
The Mumbai Achievers Awards
Style Diva of The Year
- Karishma learned to cook before entering the ‘Big Boss 8’ house.
- Karishma’s ex-boyfriend, Rushabh Choksi, accused her of still being in a relationship with him when Karishma began dating Upen in the ‘Bigg Boss 8’ house.
- Karishma enjoys listening to Atif Aslam’s song ‘Jeena Jeena’ from the film ‘Badlapur.
- Karishma like Gujarati cuisine.
- Karishma’s favorite travel destinations are Paris and Dubai.
- Karishma got a text tattoo (Ma) on her right wrist.