Prajakta Koli: An Insight into Her Life, Age, Height, Family, Education, Career, Net Worth & More… (2023)
Date of Birth:
June 23, 1993, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Age (as of 2023):
She has got 5 tattoos
Youtuber, Blogger, Actor
Bachelor in Mass Media
Reading, Vlogging & Travelling
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Prajakta Koli, better known on YouTube as ‘Mostlysane’, is an Indian YouTuber and actress who specializes in funny videos. Her videos are mostly about honest and observational humor about ordinary situations.
Prajakta Koli, an Indian YouTube sensation, is well-known for her channel ‘MostlySane’. On her channel, she regularly posts vlogs, vines, and comedies that are typical of India. Prajakta loves to keep things desi since every Indian is desi on the inside, despite India’s modernization and westernization, notably in Mumbai. She is India’s most popular female comedian on YouTube.
Prajakta Koli was born on June 27, 1993, in Thane, Mumbai. She is from a Maharashtrian Hindu household. Her father’s name is Manoj Koli, and her mother’s name is Archana Koli. Her father is a former real estate developer turned restaurateur, and her mother is a language teacher.
Prajakta Koli was raised in Mumbai and is one of those rare persons who knew exactly what she wanted since she was nine years old. She aspires to be a radio personality and the people’s voice. Apart from being drawn to the age-old vocation, Prajakta was supported by her parents and classmates to pursue her passion.
Prajakta completed her schooling at Vasant Vihar High School in Thane and pursued a Bachelor of Mass Media from V G Vaze College of Arts, Science, and Commerce in Mulund, Mumbai.
Prajakta Koli has been in a long-term relationship with Vrishank Khanal, a lawyer.
Prajakta Koli has five meaningful tattoos on her body to express herself. Her right arm bears a symbol of the universe and life, and the backs of both shoulders bear the names of her parents. On her right arm, she has a tattoo that represents greatness, exploration, and balance, as well as a matching tattoo on her right ankle.
As a Radio Jockie:
Prajakta Koli started working as an intern for the radio station ‘Fever 104’ a week after finishing her final examinations in her third year of college. She felt the job pressure and workload after a few days of starting, yet she stayed on as an intern for a year. Prajakta lost over 11 kg of body weight as a result of workplace stress. As a radio jockey, she landed her first show, “Call Centre,” but it was a flop.
During her internship, Prajakta met numerous Bollywood celebs, including Hrithik Roshan, Jackie Shroff, and Ayushmann Khurrana. Her meeting with Hrithik Roshan was a watershed moment in her life when she was recognized by Sudeep Lahiri, who arrived with Hrithik at the radio station where Koli worked. Sudeep asked Prajakta to start a YouTube account since he saw she can make funny films.
As a Youtuber:
In February 2015, Prajakta Koli launched her YouTube channel, ‘MostlySane.’ Her first YouTube video was a monologue titled ‘Five Types of Valentine’s Day Singles.’ In June 2015, her video ‘Hilarious Words Delhi People Use’ went viral. Prajakta then began posting three videos every week: ‘RealTalk Tuesday,’ ‘Comedy video on Thursday,’ and ‘SawaalSaturday.’ She has also made a couple of Vlogs available on her YouTube channel. Prajakta launched the ‘Pretty Fit’ series on her YouTube channel in January 2020, starring Indian celebrities such as Neha Kakkar, Kareena Kapoor, and Sanya Malhotra.
Prajakta Koli’s YouTube videos have gained her enormous notoriety, and she now has nearly 7 million subscribers on her channel ‘MostlySane.’ In 2018, Prajakta appeared in a TV commercial for ‘WhatsApp’ to encourage people to stop spreading fake news through the messaging platform. She has also worked with other Indian YouTubers and channels such as Bhuvan Bam, Ashish Chanchlani, Girliyapa, FilterCopy, and Be YouNick.
Prajakta Koli has appeared in several music videos, including “Shameless” (2017), “No Offence” (2018), and “Yeh Diss Gaana Hai” (2020).
As an Actor:
Prajakta Koli portrayed Asha in the Haryanvi short film ‘Khayali Pulao’ in 2020 to encourage women’s emancipation. Prajakta also appeared in the Netflix web series ‘Mismatched’ with Rohit Saraf in 2020. The online series was highly accepted by both the viewers and the critics. In 2022, she starred in the Hindi film ‘Jugjugg Jeeyo’ alongside Varun Dhawan and Anil Kapoor.
Prajakta Koli has a net worth of USD 2 million which is around 16-17 crores in INR. Prajakta’s main source of income is from singing, acting, and brand sponsorship. Prajakta’s annual earnings are 35 lakhs. To 45.5 lakhs, however, she is expected to receive a raise.
Awards & Accomplishment:-
- Prajakta Koli has been designated the United Nations Development Programme – India’s youth climate champion.
- 2019- Prajakta won Cosmopolitan’s YouTuber of the Year award.
- 2022- Nominated for the Popular Award-Viral Queen of the Year.
- 2021- Prajakta won the popular award for “Viral Queen of the Year”.
- 2021- Prajakta was nominated for the Popular Award-Most Popular Female Social Media Star.
- 2021- Prajakta was nominated for a Popular Award for Most Popular Actress in a Short Film-Khayali Pulao (2020).
- 2021- Prajakta was nominated for Popular Award-Youth Icon of the Year (Female).
- 2019- Prajakta won the popular award for “Viral Queen of the Year”
- 2019- Won the Popular Award for Female Youth Influencer of the Year.
- Ranked on Forbes’ list of the 30 under 30, as well as Outlook Business Magazine’s and Entrepreneur India’s lists of Women of Worth.
- Prajakta Koli is also known as the “Desi Superwoman.”
- Prajakta was active in debates and other extra-curricular activities throughout high school and college.
- Prajakta began working as an anchor at the age of 15 or 16, and she has also worked with several theatre organizations.
- On World Mental Health Day in 2016, Prajakta launched the initiative #IPledgeToBeMe.
- At the 2018 IWM Digital Awards, Prajakta was named “Viral Queen of the Year.”
- In 2018, Prajakta was named the face of ‘H&M’s online store.
- In 2018, Prajakta became India’s first female comedy creator to reach one million subscribers.
- In 2018, Prajakta Koli was involved with the One.Org #GirlsCount campaign.
- Prajakta Koli was named to the Grazia India gossip magazine’s annual “Cool List” in 2020.
- Prajakta Koli was one of six YouTube influencers selected from Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria, Ghana, India, and the Middle East to cover the World Economic Forum 2023 in January 2023.