Vijay Varma: A Comprehensive Biography – Age, Height, Family, Education, Career, Net Worth, and More… (2023)
Date of Birth:
29 March 1986, Hyderabad, Telangana
Age (as of 2023):
Graduate in Commerce & Acting
Manoj Varma (brother)
Shobha Varma (sister)
Travelling and Reading
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Vijay Varma is an Indian film actor who has worked in the Telugu and Bollywood film industries. Throughout his film career, he has appeared in several films. Vijay is from a Hyderabad-based family. The young, most talented star enrolled in FTII and was accepted, but his parents did not want him to pursue a career in acting. One of his friends assisted him financially, and he later attended FTII Pune.
Vijay Varma was born in Hyderabad, Telangana, on March 29, 1984. He is from a Marwari family. He had always wanted to be an actor since he was a child. Varma began his acting career at a community theater in his hometown. He has appeared in numerous plays and sketches. He later attended FTII in Pune, Maharashtra, to further his acting career. Because his parents were against him at the time, one of his buddies covered his acting graduation fee. Family:
Vijay Varma finished his primary and secondary education in Hyderabad, Telangana. He used to appear in school plays and skits. He received his bachelor’s degree in performing arts from the Film and Television Institute of India. He enjoys video games and watching movies.
Tamannaah Bhatia, an Indian actress, revealed her relationship with Vijay Varma in June 2023. The duo began dating when they were filming ‘Lust Stories 2’. Tamannaah confirmed her relationship with Vijay in an interview.
At the start of his career, Vijay Varma worked odd jobs such as selling cell plans at Idea Cellular, selling gas cards at Bharat Petroleum, and working night shifts in a contact center.
Vijay Varma joined a theater group in Hyderabad after finishing his studies. He was accepted to the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune for an acting course in 2005. Vijay then appeared in several theater shows. He relocated to Mumbai in search of work in 2008. He tried out for a few TV advertisements but was not chosen. A few months later, Tom Alter, an Indian theater director, suggested his name for the English theatrical production “Three Short Plays”.
Vijay Varma has appeared in several print advertisements and photoshoots as a model. At first, he used to get Rs. 500 for a modeling assignment. He has walked the runway in several well-known fashion shows. Vijay has also appeared as a model in one of GQ magazine’s photoshoots.
Vijay Varma made his acting debut in 2008 with the Hindi short film ‘Shor.’ Vijay debuted his Hindi film career in 2012 with the film ‘Chittagong,’ in which he played Jhunku (Subodh Roy). ‘Pink’ (2016), ‘Manto’ (2018), ‘Gully Boy’ (2019), ‘Bamfaad’ (2020), and ‘Darlings’ (2022) are some of his other popular Hindi films.
Vijay Varma made his Telugu debut in 2017 with the film ‘MCA,’ in which he played Siva.
Vijay Varma has also appeared in several Hindi online series, including ‘Cheers-Friends, Reunion, Goa (2018; YouTube), ‘A Suitable Boy’ (2020; NNC One and Netflix), ‘She’ (2020; Netflix), ‘Mirzapur’ (2020; Amazon Prime Video), ‘OK Computer’ (2021; Hotstar), and Dahaad (2023; Amazon Prime Video).
In 2023, Vijay Varma’s net worth is expected to be around $2 million, which is comparable to 17 crore Indian rupees. He is a model and actor from India who has been working in the film industry since 2008. Vijay Varma makes the majority of his money as an actor, charging more than 85 lakh rupees for every film. Apart from his job, he also promotes other businesses, which contributes to his monthly revenue. Vijay Varma currently has an estimated monthly income of roughly 15 lakh rupees.
Awards & Accomplishment:-
- SIIM Awards for Best Performance by an Actor in a Negative Role: ‘MCA Middle-Class Abbayi”.
- Zee Cine Awards for Best Supporting Actor for “Gully Boy”.
- IIFA Awards for Best Supporting Actor for “Gully Boy”.
- Filmfare Awards for Best Supporting Actor for “Gully Boy”.
- Screen Awards for Best Supporting Actor for “Gully Boy”.
- Indian TV Streaming for Best Actor in a Negative Role for the Series “She”.
- Filmfare OTT Awards in a Comic Role for “OK Computer”.
- Femina Beauty Awards for Rising Star of the Year for “Darlings”.
- FOI Online Awards for Best Performance by an Ensemble Cast for “Gully Boy”.
- FOI Online Awards for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for “Gully Boy”.
- FOI Online Awards for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for “Darlings”.
- Hitlist OTT Awards for Best Actor: Male in “Darlings”.
- Vijay Varma is an animal lover and has a pet dog named Salvador Dali.
- Vijay rose to prominence in the Prime web series “Mirzapur 2” for his dual roles as Shatrughan Tyagi and Bharat Tyagi.
- He purchased a Philips DVD player with a tiny screen while at FTII. He used to watch movies on DVD every day to critique the performances of the actors.
- He enjoys hanging out with his friends and reading books in his spare time.
- Vijay has appeared on the covers of several magazines, including Tabloid and Reverie.
- Vijay owns an impressive collection of vintage watches with his initials etched on them.