- It is a common exam conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for 20 PSU Banks for the recruitment of Probationary Officers. IBPS Clerk: It is a common exam conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for 20 PSU Banks for the recruitment of Clerical Cadres.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For the post of the probation officer, the candidate’s age should be at least 21 years and maximum of 30 years.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with 55 % – 60 % marks aggregate.
- The candidate must have good knowledge of computers and especially MS Office.
- In Public Sector banks, Rs. 200,000/- is the average salary received by a PO per annum. Bank POs can make close to INR 50,000/- inclusive of various allowances.
Generally, In a public sector bank, graduates, and postgraduates are selected through an entrance exam, while most of the private and Foreign hire the professional candidates like engineers, lawyers, MBA’s and CFA’s etc.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern 2020 – 2021
The IBPS PO preliminary examination is conducted online and candidates are allocated total duration of 1 hour to complete the preliminary exam. It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and a maximum score of 100 marks. There is negative marking in IBPS PO preliminary exam and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer attempted by a candidate. It is necessary to clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2020 – 2021
IBPS PO Mains Exam has encountered quite a number of changes. Let’s have a look at all these changes in detail.
- Introduction of Descriptive Paper:Just like SBI PO 2018 Exam, IBPS introduced Descriptive Paper in its Mains Examination where candidates will be judged on their written skills. An essay and a letter will be given to candidates to write that will constitute 25 marks and that has to be completed in a time span of 30 minutes.
- The overall time allotted for each section has also been changed.
- No separate paper will be conducted for Computer Applications.The Reasoning section is teamed up with the Computer Aptitude section and this entire section will contain 45 questions of a total of 60 marks.
- The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2018 Mains Exam has also been changed from 140 minutes to 180 minutes.
|Sr. No||Name of test||No. of|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|3||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45|
|4||General, Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35|
|English Language (Writing & Essay)||2||25||30|
IBPS PO Exam Dates 2020 – 2021
|Online application form release date||2nd week of August 2020|
|Last date for submitting online application||1st week of September 2020|
|Pre-exam training admit card availability||September 2020|
|Date of pre-exam training||1st week of October 2020|
|Preliminary exam admit card availability||October 2020|
|Date of preliminary exam||2nd to 3rd week of October 2020|
|Declaration of preliminary exam result||October 2020/ November 2020|
|Main exam admit card availability||November 2020|
|Date of main exam||3 week of November 2020|
|Declaration of main exam result||December 2020|
|Call letter availability for interview||January 2021|
|Date of interview||January 2021/ February 2021|
|Provisional allotment of selected candidates||April 2021|